HOUSTON SPORTS, MEDIA AND MUSIC ICONS TO JOIN OTC GLOBAL HOLDINGS AS GUEST BROKERS FOR CHARITY DAY BENEFITTING HURRICANE HARVEY RELIEF
Leading IDB to match commissions donated by brokers
HOUSTON (September 7, 2017) – OTC Global Holdings (OTCGH), the world’s leading independent commodities interdealer broker, today announced that its efforts to raise funds during its Hurricane Harvey Charity Day, to be held Friday, September 8, 2017, will be getting some extra support.
Joining OTCGH’s brokers in Houston will be a collection of iconic sports stars, media personalities and musicians from the city, who will act as “guest brokers,” including:
- Jeff Bagwell, MLB Hall of Fame Inductee and former Houston Astros first baseman
- Mike Chabala, former Houston Dynamo left back
- Ray Childress, NFL Pro Bowl athlete and former Houston Oiler
- Mario Elie, three-time NBA Champion and former Houston Rocket
- Rocky Juarez, WBC Silver Featherweight Champion and native Houstonian
- Jean Lopez, U.S. Olympic Taekwondo coach
- Mark Lopez, Olympic Silver Medalist, Taekwondo
- John Lucas, former #1 overall pick in the NBA draft (Houston Rockets) and current Houston Rockets player development coach
- Chris Myers, former Houston Texans center
- Chester Pitts, former Houston Texans offensive lineman
- Mary Sarah, country music singer and former contestant on NBC’s “The Voice”
- Lou Savarese, former professional boxer
- John Skelton, former Arizona Cardinals quarterback
- Bobby Sura, former Houston Rocket shooting guard
- Kailee Wong, former Houston Texans linebacker
“We are honored that so many distinguished stars in the sports and entertainment world are going to join our effort to aid those affected by Hurricane Harvey,” said Javier Loya, Founder and Co-CEO, OTCGH. “The impact on this community is personal for all of us at OTCGH, not just in Houston but at our offices around the globe. I’m proud of how our employees and these native and celebrity Houstonians are coming together to provide much needed donations to worthy organizations supporting the relief and rebuilding efforts following the devastating floods.”
Commissions donated by OTCGH employees at the company’s more than 20 brokerages in Chicago, Des Moines, Geneva, Houston, London, Louisville, New Jersey, New York and Singapore on Hurricane Harvey Charity Day will be matched dollar-for-dollar in order to multiply the impact of the donations for the following organizations:
For more information about OTCGH and its Hurricane Harvey Charity Day visit www.otcgh.com.
About OTC Global Holdings
Formed in 2007, OTC Global Holdings has become the world’s largest independent institutional broker of commodities, covering financial and physical instruments from offices in Chicago, Des Moines, Geneva, Houston, London, Louisville, New Jersey, New York and Singapore. The company is a leading liquidity provider on CBOT, ICE, NYMEX and NFX, ranking number one amongst its peers in numerous derivatives contracts across biofuels, emissions, commodity index products, crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), metals, petrochemicals and refined products, power, proppants, soft commodities, and weather derivatives. The company serves more than 450 institutional clients, including over 70 members of the Global Fortune 500, and transacts in hundreds of different commodity delivery points in Asia, Europe and the Americas. To learn more about the company, please visit www.otcgh.com or go to https://player.vimeo.com/video/146686709.